Monday, February 7, 2011

First Day!!!

I love teaching!!!! My 1st day was great, (I was there Friday but I didn't work with any students, so I am not counting that) working with kids is wonderful. I love that they are so eager to learn and try new things. You are probably wondering what my new job actually is, right?
After subbing a couple of days at a school, I got a call from the principal saying the school was looking for someone to do Kindergarten Intervention and she wanted to meet with me for an interview if I was interested. Well I couldn't pass up the opportunity. While I loved subbing, and am still able to do that on Fridays, I really like working with the same kiddos everyday and making my own lesson plans instead of having to teach what someone else wants me to. While this is only a temporary position I think it will be beneficial to me and the students.
So long story short, after meeting with the principal for about 20 mins, I left the school with the job offer. So now I work with Kindergartners, teaching letter names and sounds, and do progress monitoring for Kindergarten, 1st and 3rd grades. After working with the students today I am excited to continue working with them and I can not wait to have a classroom of my own eventually. Praying that will happen this next school year. More to come as the year continues!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment